TUG’S STORY. THAT IS, SHAMELESS SELF-PUFFERY WITH SOME INTERESTING FACTS:
- Experienced voice artist with national credits on radio, television and non-broadcast.
- Master Of Dialects & Accents: English (received pronunciation, Cockney, various regional); Scottish; Irish; Welsh; Dutch; French; Italian; Spanish; Russian; Polish; Hungarian; Yiddish; Scandinavian; Polish; Israeli; South African English; Afrikaans, Zulu; various American regional; Turkish; Arabic. Native-speaker quality German.
- TONY AWARD-nominated playwright and lyricist, The Song of Jacob Zulu (Best Play and Best Score (with Ladysmith Black Mambazo).
- Award-winning stage and TV director.
- Award-winning documentary filmmaker/TV Producer. Co-Founder & Former President, Powderhouse Productions Corp: Executive Producer credits on more than 200 hours of primetime programming for PBS, Discovery, Science, TNT, A&E, History, Nat Geo, Travel, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food, Monitor and others.
- Emigrated at age ten from South Africa to the US.
- Active Singer. Performed at Carnegie Hall with Masterworks Festival Choir.
DOCUMENTARY NARRATION: TV
- Inside The US Mint (one-hour; 2000)
- Inside The World’s Mightiest Bank (one hour; 2001)
- Secrets Of The US Mint (one-hour; 2001)
- Nobel Moments: Portraits of Nobel Laureates (12 x one-minute; 2006-2007)
- The Silk Road, (6 x one-hour; 1990)
- Rodina (Russian for “Motherland.” 6 X one-hour; 1991)
- NOVA, The Machine That Changed The World: Giant Brain (one-hour; 1992)
- The New South Africa: A Personal Journey (one-hour; 1995)
DOCUMENTARY NARRATION: RADIO
- Guatemala in Crisis, (one-hour special: 1979)
- Weekend All Things Considered: Ladysmith Black Mambazo (10 minutes;
CHARACTERS: ANIMATED TV SERIES
THE MONITOR CHANNEL
- The Mark of The Musketeers; Narrator, Athos, Duke of Buckingham, Soldier, Skipper, Judge (13 x half-hour mini-series; 1991)
- The Spider’s Web, The Jungle Book; Narrator, Mowgli (5 x half-hour; 1976)
- The Spider’s Web, Life in The Iron Mills, adapted by Tug Yourgrau; Narrator,
Hugh Wolfe (2 x half-hour; 1977)
TV TRANSLATION VOICES
- NOVA: The Blimp Is Back (one-hour; 1990)
- Columbus and The Age of Discovery (4 x one-hour; 1992)
- NOVA: World in The Balance (2 x one-hour; 2004)
- Driving Passion (3 x one-hour; 1995)
PBS/WGBH/CENTRAL TELEVISION/ ANTENNE 2
- Vietnam: A Television History (13 x one-hour; 1982-1983)
ON-AIR TV CORRESPONDENT
- Ten O’Clock News, Freelance Correspondent, (1984-1985)
TV FUNDER CREDITS & BOOK TAG
- MASTERPIECE THEATRE, Bleak House; Book Tag (9 x one-hour mini-series)
- Raising Cain, Funder Credits (2 x one-hour special; 2006)
- The Great Pink Scare (Funder Credits; 2005)
- The Birthday Party by Harold Pinter, Clark University (1994)
- The Song of Jacob Zulu, Emerson Majestic Theatre, 1994
- The Song of Jacob Zulu, Philips Andover Academy, Moss Hart Award (1996)